How To Craft A Beautiful Salami Rose and Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
Making a salami rose is a creative and charming addition to any charcuterie board, especially for Valentine’s Day. Here’s a simple guide to create one. You will need:
- Thinly sliced salami. (Tip: Use thin slices of salami for easier rolling and shaping.)
- One or two Boos Block cutting boards.
- A wine glass.
Begin by establishing which Boos Block cutting boards you will use to craft your charcuterie masterpiece. Our pick to showcase the beautiful salami rose is the Boos Block Black Walnut Round Cutting Board With Feet (Model WAL-B12R). It measures 12″ in diameter and 1-1/2″ in thickness, boasting a rich dark chocolate hue with walnut bun feet, perfect for embodying a romantic, sensual vibe. Alternatively, if you prefer a lighter color, opt for the same board offered in hard rock maple (model B12R). Additionally, we’ve included an equally luscious Boos Block Black Walnut Square Cutting Board With Feet (model WAL-B9S), measuring 9″ x 9″ x 1-1/2″ thick, ideal for layering sweet treats for your special Valentine! This walnut square board is also available in a 12″ size (model WAL-B12S) and hard rock maple (model B12S for 12″ x 12″ and model B9S for 9″ x 9″).
Now, let’s create the salami rose using a wine glass as a mold:
- Gently drape a slice of salami over the rim of the wine glass, balancing it so that half of the slice is inside the glass and half is outside. Bend and shape the salami over the rim.
- Add the second salami slice slightly to the right of the first one, overlapping it.
- Continue adding slices to the right of each previous slice, wrapping around the entire rim of the wine glass to create more rose petals.
- Once the salami is wrapped around the glass, add another layer of petals on top.
- Add a third layer if desired, ensuring it doesn’t become too thick to manage, depending on the glass size.
- Carefully turn the wine glass upside down on the cutting board, sliding it off and gently shaping the salami slices to form a rose-like appearance.
Depending on how many roses you’d like to include on your charcuterie board, you can continue making multiple roses, or experiment with different sizes of salami slices and wine glasses to create roses of varying sizes. Your beautiful salami rose, shaped with the help of a wine glass is now ready to be served as part of your charcuterie board. We chose the rose to be the featured centerpiece and arranged other meats, cheeses, fruits, and accompaniments around it on the cutting board. To complete your charcuterie masterpiece, add delicious cheeses such as brie or camembert, various shapes of crackers, luscious ripe strawberries, and tangy blueberries as the perfect touches.
A second Boos Block cutting board can be arranged with sweet and tangy Valentine’s Day treats piled high. Experiment with color combinations and different textured candies. We went with yogurt covered raisins, dried strawberries, chocolate wafers, raspberry gummies and hazelnut chocolates. Adorn your space around the boards with freshly cut, fragrant flowers to reinforce the romantic Valentine’s Day theme. Creating salami roses are a fun and simple way to add a touch of elegance and romance to your charcuterie board, perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day with your loved one.