Press Break Operator (3rd Shift)
Responsible for operating the Press Brake Machines and supporting the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, and punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produces a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
Job Title: Press Brake Operator
Reports To: METAL Plant Supervisor
Job Category: Production
Position Type: Full-Time – 3rd Shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the press brake and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type.
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Consistently produce usable product that meets the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2+ years of experience operating a press brake machine preferred.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Galvanized and Stainless Steel.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, multi-task and prioritize in an effective way.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality requirements.
- Ability to read a tape measure and caliper.
- Ability to read blueprints and requires knowledge of engineered specified tolerances.
- Willingness to be trained on the operation of power and/or hand tools, bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift; work in dusty and dirty conditions; clean and maintain a safe working environment.