Quality Assurance Manager
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
Leads all quality activities in various operations in a way that ensures safety, quality standards, product performance, and delivery goals are met. Manages processes and disciplines to lead a culture of quality, monitoring external customer feedback and internal quality performance while promoting operational discipline. Leads manufacturing driven projects to ensure quality standards are met along with imports product quality standards requiring inspections and audits. Responsible for developing personnel to achieve quality expectations through the implementation of continuous Improvement efforts. Manages the internal operations of the fabrication quality processes ensuring adherence to best practices and principles of fabrication industries. This position works in various production disciplines ensuring achievement of quality metrics across numerous production lines and the continued development of quality support teams. Reviews overall quality departmental metrics developing corrective and preventative actions from the data.
- Works cross functionally across various departments in a wide range of settings.
- Solid understanding of best practices for Corrective Action/Preventative action exercises.
- Interfaces with engineering to ensure design questions or clarifications are answered quickly and clearly to minimize production delays.
- Creates and/or distributes corrective actions (disciplinary, training, processes/procedures).
- Inspects manufactured and outsourced product ensuring compliance with engineering documents.
- Helps drive and implement 5S and other lean initiatives in manufacturing.
- Drives quality and inspection improvement initiatives throughout operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of related work experience.
- 4+ years of direct supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six-Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing knowledge, or actively pursuing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation – such as schematics, assembly drawings, operational manuals, safety rules, and standardized work instructions.
- Ability to compile data and reports for communicating performance versus goals (customer complaints, quality levels, etc.).
- Prior experience writing and modifying Procedure Specifications preferred.
- Prior experience developing welders and building a qualification process preferred.
- Knowledgeable in qualifying global suppliers and certifying product standards.
- Effective Problem Solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
ABILITY TO COMMUTE/RELOCATE:
- Effingham, IL 62401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Quality Management: 4 years (Preferred)